Directory of SRA members - Research services
Individuals listed here are members of the SRA; organisations have at least one member. Use the categories on the left to filter searches - you can only search under one category at a time.
If you are commissioning research we encourage you to read and abide by our guidance on good practice. Please note that the SRA is unable to vouch for any person or organisation shown here.
NatCen Social Research – Senior Researcher (Evaluation; Energy and Environment)
September 2013 – Present
- As part of the Evaluation team I develop research designs for impact evaluations, including randomised controlled trials (RCTs) and quasi-experimental designs such as difference-in-differences and regression discontinuity designs. I also carry out relevant data analysis.
- In the Energy and Environment team I work on a number of energy related projects, including the evaluation of the Renewable Heat Incentive for DECC.
NSPCC – Senior evaluation officer
July 2011 – September 2013
- I led the evaluation of two NSPCC services, including project planning, data collection and data analysis, stakeholder engagement, report writing, and dissemination.
- One evaluation was of a joint NSPCC — local authority trial project covering nine Children’s Services departments. The evaluation combined an experimental (RCT) impact assessment and a process evaluation.
- The other evaluation used a process and quasi-experimental approach to evaluate a service for children being sexually exploited.
Freelance research consultant
April 2011 – December 2012
- As freelance researcher I worked on a number of public health and sustainability studies, including on obesity; problem gambling; cities’ role in sustainable investment; and global markets for sustainable products.
- The projects varied in size from lasting a few days to one year; and used both qualitative and quantitative methodologies.
Sustainable Development Commission – Policy Analyst (Local Government)
July 2009 – April 2010
- On secondment from the Audit Commission, I helped develop the local government work programme for the Commission. This involved working with central government departments, regulators and other agencies.
Audit Commission – Researcher
January 2008 – April 2011
- I worked on the Audit Commission’s National Studies programme, which provided value-for-money analysis to councils and helped disseminate best practices. I worked on three projects:
- + How to evaluate risks to sustainable development in local areas within the new Comprehensive Area Assessment.
- + Value for money in council actions to reduce CO2 emissions from domestic households.
- + Council medium term financial planning.
Responsibility in Gambling Trust – Research Officer
September 2005 – December 2007
- I led the research part of the organisation’s responsibilities.
- Mainly, this was about developing and managing the (UK’s only) national research programme on problem gambling.
- This involved setting up research funding programmes and commissioning research as required, including a joint £1m research programme with the ESRC.