SRA Annual General Meeting (AGM) 2018
Members of the Social Research Association are invited to attend the 2018 AGM, on Wednesday 13 December at Kings Place, 90 York Way, London N1 9AG. It will start at 9.45 and run for 30 minutes, in the Gallery Room.
The main business of the meeting is to receive reports from the Chair of the Board on the previous year’s activities of the Association, and from the Honorary Treasurer on the financial position of the Association.
The meeting will be asked to approve these ordinary resolutions:
- to adopt the SRA Annual Report and Accounts for the financial year 2017-18. This is the final report and has been approved by the Trustees.
- to accept the retirements of these trustees: Helen Kara, and Sophie Ellison.
- to appoint these new trustees for an initial period of 2 years: Ailbhe McNabola, Dan Clay, Jane Evans, Karen Kerr, Martina Vojtkova and Rosie McLeod - you can read their statements here
- to reappoint these trustees for a further period of 2 years: Bob Erens, David Johnson, Faye Gracey, Isabella Pereira, Kieran O'Leary, Nigel Meager.
- to reappoint Field Sullivan, London, as Independent Financial Examiners for the year 2018-19.
For reference the SRA governing documents (Memorandum and Articles of Association, Terms of Reference) can be viewed here: http://the-sra.org.uk/home/about/governance/
Members of the SRA are entitled to appoint another member as proxy to exercise all or any of your rights to attend, speak and vote at this annual general meeting. You can also appoint the Chair of the meeting to be your proxy. To appoint a proxy, please complete and submit the online form below, no later than noon on Friday 7 December 2018. We will email your proxy a copy of your voting intentions.