SRA Annual General Meeting (AGM) 2017
Members of the Social Research Association are invited to attend the 2017 AGM, on Wednesday 6 December at the British Library Knowledge (formerly Conference) Centre, 96 Euston Road, London NW1 2DB. It will start at 9.30 and run for 30 minutes, in the Chaucer Room.
The main business of the meeting is to receive reports from the Chair of the Board on the previous year’s activities of the Association, and from the Honorary Treasurer on the financial position of the Association.
The meeting will be asked to appove these ordinary resolutions:
- to adopt the annual report and accounts for the financial year 2016-17. This is the final report and has been approved by the Trustees.
- to accept the retirements of these trustees: Patten Smith (Chair), Graham Hughes (Hon. Treasurer), Simon Haslam, Nick Ockenden
- to accept the resignations of these trustees: Ivana La Valle, Noelle Cotter, Susannah Browne
- to appoint these new trustees for an initial period of 2 years’: Vicki Belt, Mark Carrigan - you can read their statements here
- to elect these trustees to new offices: David Johnson to Chair, Nigel Meager to Hon. Treasurer
- to reappoint Field Sullivan, London, as Independent Examiners (auditors) for the year 2017-18.
For reference the SRA governing documents (Memorandum and Articles of Association, Terms of Reference) can be viewed here: http://the-sra.org.uk/home/about/governance/
Members of the SRA are entitled to appoint another member as proxy to exercise all or any of your rights to attend, speak and vote at this annual general meeting. You can also appoint the Chair of the meeting to be your proxy. To appoint a proxy, please complete and submit the online form below, no later than noon on Friday 1 December 2017. We will email your proxy a copy of your voting intentions.